Sep 16, 2013

Calvin Klein's Spring 2014 Women's RTW Collection Is Here! And Well, I'm Only Feeling Some of It!

Calvin Klein's Spring 2014 collection is ready to see! All in all I can say is this it's certainly avant garde but not in a good way. It doesn't look like something people would wear on a normal basis or something that could be worn in New York or LA high society. It just looks like he threw the pieces together but I guess that's their version of fashion. In his artistic vision. I see several pieces that I really like and one or two that has potential to be something better with a little change in how it clings to the body or how it hangs. To dive deeper into an explanation of the collection some of the pieces looked unfinished (which I suppose is what the look was going for) and poorly put together. See for yourself:


The Pieces I Believe Are Good and Have Great Potential!!!!
















And then He Had These Pieces...None of these Are My Favorites!
















I like fashion to be wearable, fun, sophisticated, and personal to my own unique brand of what style and fashion is to me! One of my favorite fashion designers/runway looks (seriously my top 5) is from a scene in the 2008 movie remake of The Women. The original designers name was Narciso Rodriguez. In the scene you're about to see Meg Ryan's character Mary Haines is displaying her personal collection for the first time. The clothes are beautiful and the pops of red throughout just make it look so fresh and vibrant! Check it Out Below:


Calvin Klein's Women's Wear Collection fell flat for me. I posted the Narciso Rodriguez line from 5 years ago to make a point. Fashion is timeless. Trends are just that trends. Yes the designers set the trends but ultimately what you buy makes the trend last. I don't hate his design for his 2014 Spring wear line. I just felt that the line could've been so much better. He chose soft whites and pastels and then contrasted them with blacks and fringe. Some of the clothes were bulky and unflattering. I garner that was the goal. Which is fine and I can kind of see his vision or what I thought was his vision. I can't speak for him but I can go by what I see. I think he was trying to take classical pieces and put his spin on it. Good idea bad execution. With the bodies that these fashion designers push for in wearing their clothes. Slender, thin, tall, lean models; one would think they would create clothing that was not only form fitting but fits well. Everything doesn't have to fit like skinny jeans but seriously those trash bag style dresses were not flattering to those women at all.

Either way its Calvin Klein my little blog isn't going to change anything. I'm just voicing my opinion. Millions of heiresses, princesses, socialites, etc will be buying these clothes and wearing them. So No Love Lost.

Congrats to the Calvin Klein Fashion House its Different and Edgy Collection's Success.

Check out the Men's Ready-To-Wear Line As Well:





Not Bad Right! The Men's Wear Line is better than Women's Wear Line!


Source: WWD & CalvinKleinRTWPhotoAlbum via Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @PsychDesignTV