May 22, 2014

TREND ALERT! Lace Eyebrows Are On The RISE!



So I'm scrolling through my Facebook timeline and I come across this story from the Huffingtonpost with this headline: Forget Wigs, Lace Front Eyebrows Are Taking Over. At first I thought this was a joke. Until I actually read the article and found out that these "eyebrows" are sold at a texas beauty salon called Tiffani Chanel Luxury Hair. Tiffani Chanel Luxury Hair has a wide range of products from custom made wig units, weaves, etc. They have 2 kinds of units for lace eyebrows: male and female. And they only cost $22.50.

Some people are even making their own brows. Crazy, right?! Here check out this youtuber:



There are countless other videos on how on put these eyebrows on. This trend stems from the trend of the full thick but shaped brow. Cara Delevingne is a good example of a person being revered for their brows. She's like the number one person people want to model their brows after. So to gain that look they go for eyebrow pencils, powders, wax pencils, stencils, and now lace brows.

I'm not against the trend for people who suffer from alopecia, lupus, cancer, hereditary baldness, or any other disease that can cause hair loss. These types of diseases and hereditary complications are all plausible reasons for a person to purchase these brows. But if you are just a normal person looking for that perfect brow then I just think that this is ridiculous. Do what we all do buy some serum for eyebrows and lashes and let it grow. There is no need to look like this:

This is absolutely ridiculous!
Here are some other examples of what I'm talking about:






Take a look at my brows. 

I do not use concealer or anything on my brows and they look pretty damn good if I do say so myself. They are not perfectly straight or anything like that and thats fine by me. All makeup is about trial and error including getting your eyebrows right. Your eyebrows have a natural line use it as a guide or use a stencil. Its easy and they look natural. Don't try and do what celebrities do. Do what works for you and believe me you will still be a beautiful woman without all silliness that comes along with these ridiculous trends.

These are my natural brows with a little brow powder and a pencil. Its not perfect but thats the point.
Nothing is made perfect my brows look normal and thats what I was going for. 
This is what my brows looked like on their own. And here's a full face view (in various makeup looks):






Makeup is and should be used to enhance your beauty. You don't want to not look like yourself when your finished. These eyebrows are good for those who need them. But for everyone else who trying to have that perfect brow. Get a pencil, some brow powder and practice shaping your brow. And actually I'll give you one: Using the concealer isn't a problem when hiding those unsightly hairs but using it to create a whole new brow is ridiculous to me.


Source: Huffingtonpost

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @PsychDesignTV